Sunday, April 27, 2008

Margaritas and Mexican Food

Last night the husband and I met our very good friends for dinner at our favorite restaurant, El Sarape. It's not far from our house, and driving by you would never know that inside is one of the best restaurants around.

I'm not into counting points or doing weight watchers. I want to make a healthy lifestyle change forever, and not just so I can lose weight. That being said - I have been on so many diets in my life, I know what to eat and what not to eat. I also know that depriving myself just makes me more hungry.

I have some favorites at El Sarape, and have a hard time expanding beyond them, mostly because they are so delicious. Usually I have enchiladas verdes or camerones javier. Last night I branched out and had camerones en tres chiles (or something like that). It was shrimp, spicy chili/cilantro sauces and some potatos with a side or rice and beans. Delicious and spicy.

I also had two melon margaritas. My favorite. I also had some guacamole and some chips. I do not feel guilty about any of it! I wasn't overly full when I got home.

Also, my friend has been golfing for awhile and has a set of starter clubs I can use while I figure out what I want for clubs.

I really need to start taking pictures :).

No comments: