Sunday, April 27, 2008

Meatloaf?

I bought some ground dark turkey meat and some ground beef (93% lean) at Whole Foods yesterday in anticipation of making meatballs.

I changed my mind. Instead I found a recipe on Cooking Light for Meatloaf and modified it. I think I modified it to make it a little fattier (the recipe called for egg whites and I used whole eggs). I also decided that I would use half turkey and half meat. So I divided the recipe in two, and mixed it in two bowls. Then I made two half-sized loafs and mushed them (mushed is the technical word) together and coated them in ketchup.

The husband liked it and said he would eat it again. Next time I will use the meat combination suggested in the recipe of beef, veal and pork. I also liked it and I normally do not like meatloaf.
I also made some asparagus, that I marinated in garlic salt and olive oil. I have a lot of leftovers. The husband claims to like it, but picked it up, looked at it, and put it back down. More for me!

Accountability: I did some strength training and some walking today, but mostly I did stuff around the house and also worked.

Oh I almost forgot...the reason why I should not have any snack like food in the house - I ate STALE whole wheat crackers. 7 of them. I was hungry (it was before I ate the pasta at lunch time).

I also had a banana - but that was a good choice.

The husband is looking for snacks. We have no snacks except for some leftover stale wheat crackers, which I would not recommend.

2 comments:

Loo said...

I had turkey meatloaf tonight too! it was that kind of day! :)

Anonymous said...

The meatloaf sounds good. Good call on the nanner. You're doing great!