Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday to myself (well almost)

I cooked today after breakfast (in between blogging and working and doing laundry).
I made some beets. Red ones. Now I know why people make golden ones. Red ones stain. They also can cause a little bit of alarm in the bathroom, when suddenly the toilet bowl turns pink.

I only panicked for a second. I figured it was the beets. Also red beet juice gets everywhere. I'm not naturally a 'neat' cooker, so I got a lot of red beet juice everywhere.

I then made a cold pasta salad for lunch and for lunch this week:

Barilla whole grain plus penne pasta - 1 box
1 jar of black olives, drained.
1 can artichokes, save some juice.
1 1/4 cups of feta cheese
a handful of chopped sun dried tomatoes
salt
olive oil

I cooked the pasta, and mixed it with olive oil and some salt, and let it cool.

I then mixed in some of the juice from the canned artichokes.

Once the pasta cooled I added the artichokes, olives, feta and sun dried tomatoes. Then I ate some and put the rest in the refrigerator.

I also ate some of the pasta while it cooled.

The husband will not eat it. That ensures that I will have lunch for the rest of the week.

No comments: