Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Breakfast of Champions

This morning, I decided to make a couple of days supply of cooked steel cut oats. They take about 45 minutes to cook, so they are not great to cook on busy mornings. However, if you cook them in advance and refrigerate them, you can just microwave them and are good to go.

I actually got hooked on steel cut oats, after reading Stacey Shipman's blog post on them. I bought mine at Trader Joe's. They are Irish Style Steel Cut Oats by Country Choice. They are quite delicious, particularly when you add some maple syrup.

Maple syrup is one of my new favorite foods. I eat too much sugar, and am trying to cut down on processed foods, so for the time being, maple syrup on my oats or waffles in the morning is hitting the spot!

I've been buying maple syrup at Whole Foods, and so far I have tried the 365 Organics from Whole Foods, and so far so good.

1 comment:

laine said...

I wish I liked oatmeal. I try to, I add yummy things, but there is something about it that makes me not be able to eat it very often. Maybe it is because it doesn't keep me full long enough, maybe I don't like eating off of a spoon for breakfast. I don't know. You guys all make it seem so yummy.