Sunday, May 4, 2008

Quitting smoking is not fun

At least that is what I figure. The husband is quitting smoking. I am very happy about this, he seems committed. I wish I could stick him on an island for a few days while he goes through the withdrawal.

Today is day 3 with no cigarette. I am happy that tomorrow is Monday. I feel bad for his coworkers. He's a teeny tiny bit cranky. I have left him playing the newest version of Grand Theft Auto. It is keeping him focused. Poor guy. I am actually very proud of him.

On another note, I'm not sure his taste buds will improve with this lack of nicotine thing...last night we were at Amy and Dave's and he had a cookie and found it to taste very strong, since I am generally a good wife, I dutifully finished his cookie.

Things I did this weekend that I am happy about:

  • Got golf clubs
  • Got some cute golf outfits
  • Got some pink golf balls and tees
  • Spent time with the husband looking at golf balls
  • Hung out with Dave and Amy, always a fun time
  • Found out that golf club boxes are an excellent play thing for kitties
  • Went food shopping while STARVED...bought some things that weren't so good for me
  • Got up early today...but slept in yesterday until 9.
  • Tried wordpress.
  • went to some open houses and thought about putting our condo on the market
  • laundry
  • spent time with the kitties

Things I did not do:

  • Any significant work
  • Set up a blog on wordpress although I tried and hopefully will make more of a breakthrough later on tonight
  • walk
  • run
  • yoga
  • weights
  • pay all my bills
  • go to T-ball (I do not play T-ball for the record, but my cute little nephew does)

Also, as of yet I have not made any lunches for the week. It was a rainy weekend and it was kind of nice not to do anything. It also showed me that I really need to get up and at 'em in the morning if I want to get exercising done....Sunday nights are a hard time to find motivation.

As I have been writing this Grand Theft Auto IV is playing. The graphics are unbelievable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun weekend! Do you play golf?