Thursday, May 8, 2008

Lunch and other non-disasters

I got called into court last minute (and had been planning on going to a brown bag lunch) and instantly thought "well I had better eat something before I go". It was 11:30. I was not hungry. I did not eat. I had to 'self-talk' myself into the fact that I did not need food at that moment.

I also was able to call my friend and ask her "What should I get at Panera?". I called her because I know that she probably goes there, at least on occasion becuase it is right near her office. I also knew that Panera was a place I could eat near court. Turns out, I got out of court at 1:15. I went to Hannafords, had a spring roll (rice paper, salad stuff and avocado) and sea weed salad. I also stopped to get coffee at Dunkin Donuts.

I bought some emergency kashi bar rations (two) just to have in my desk in case I have a moment where I am going somewhere and 'i might starve'. Not likely to happen.

Anyway, I am going to focus on increasing my water intake to what it should be, and counteracting every cup of caffeine with a cup of water!

1 comment:

laine said...

I love seaweed salad!

Panera lists their nutritional information on their website so you can plan ahead.
1/2 a veggie sandwich is 310 cal., 7 g. fat, 5 g. fiber,
and a bowl of chicken noodle soup has 100 calories and 2 g. of fat. , or the black bean soup has 150 cal., 1 g fat, and 6 grams of fiber. Yummy and healthy!

Some of the other sandwiches are very scary, especially when you see that the count is for a half portion!

And you can always call me if you are on the road and need me to look something uP.