Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A day without exercise

I had a very busy day.



First, last night/evening I locked my keys in my office and as luck would have it no one was at work and no one was in the area! I got a ride home, and then the husband dropped me off with the extra key on his way to work.



I got back from this little adventure at 5:30. Ate breakfast (steel cut oats and maple syrup) had some more coffee. Then I sat on the couch 'for a minute' and woke up an hour later.



Then I got in the shower and started my day!

I then ran (actually drove) around like an energizer bunny all day. I was glad I brought my lunch and that I had spoons in my car! I was able to eat my edamame salad outside the Registry of Motor Vehicles and it was cold because I had packed it with a giant ice pack. It was in a plastic bag, and the ice pack was for a knee...but it worked. (Note to self: get some ice packs and a lunch sack.)

After work, I met some old co-workers at the Fat Black Cat in Quincy. It was great. I worked in a dysfunctional office but met some great people that I am lucky to know. I did pretty well too this is what I had:

  • a glass of Malbec wine
  • some nachos
  • a piece of calamari
  • a small piece of bread with black bean hummus
  • a salad with shrimp and goat cheese (the 'shuttle salad'), it was awesome

and we all shared a dessert and I had some decaf.

I'm full! Overall, I'm pleased with myself. I'm also TOTALLY exhausted. TOTALLY. I have a 7 a.m. meeting tomorrow morning so I am going to get up at 5 to go for a walk (provided I fall asleep soon).

No comments: